Global Perspectives in Creativity, Art Therapy, Counseling and Psychology
The Global Perspectives in Creativity, Art Therapy, Counseling and Psychology project is a result of collaboration between Marywood University, Scranton, Pennsylvania, USA, and Tomsk State University, Tomsk, Siberia, Russian Federation. The aim of the project is to provide scholars, students, and the general public an opportunity to see differences and similarities in thinking and practice of psychologically oriented and creative professions in Russia and the USA. With support of many people and departments at both universities the distance learning concept was formed. Professors from Marywood University and Tomsk State University will describe and discuss related research in 3 separate events that will take place live and with participation from audiences Tomsk and Scranton simultaneously. These events will take place Thursdays, February 17th, March 24th and April 14th 8am-10am (EST) at Marywood University. More information will be announced in the near future.
Global Perspectives in Creativity, Art Therapy, Counseling and Psychology Project Goals Include:
- Enhance opportunities for international academic dialogues and research for students, and faculty via distance learning exchanges between Marywood University and Tomsk State University
- Explore similarities and differences in philosophy and practice of psychologically oriented professions in USA and Russia.
- Explore topics of creativity and its impact on professional practices in both USA and Russia
- Develop expanded opportunities for collaboration between Tomsk State University and Marywood University
- Compile presentation materials for potential publication in both USA and Russia.
- To expand global awareness of faculty and students of the Marywood University and Tomsk State University communities
Please contact Barbara Parker-Bell, PsyD, ATR-BC, LPC ,
Marywood University coordinator of the events, if you have any questions at: